Who are we
We are a boutique, successful and highly reputable IFA Practice located in Coventry, providing holistic advice across Investments, Retirement, Protection and Inheritance Tax Planning to wealthy private clients largely from an entrepreneurial background and the medical profession across the UK.
As a company we are very forward thinking in terms of delivery of our advice, systems & processes, and IT Systems. We provide a happy and comfortable working environment for all members of staff.
Due to our year on year growth, our firm now requires a professional candidate with experience in Financial Planning or Wealth Management to join our busy practice and provide assistance to both the Financial Planner and Practice Manager.
The candidate must have a positive attitude and a want to do/can do mindset. We are seeking a dynamic individual who is flexible, adaptable, and creative, striving towards a better outcome for our clients and a happy working environment.
The individual must be able and want to work as part of a team and independently in a small office environment.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Paraplanner within our fast-paced business. The role is open to experienced Paraplanners who have worked within Financial Services with a minimum requirement of at least 3 years and have good technical knowledge. All candidates must have a strong ability to use their own initiative, work autonomously with minimal supervision.
Duties and Skills required will include
- Competent report writer who can complete reports without supervision.
- Will understand and be able to implement fully compliant client files.
- Will be able to achieve agreed outcomes within a set timescale with minimal supervision.
- Will be professional and will understand the importance of the client’s needs.
- A good timekeeper, reliability and efficient.
- Knowledge of products and platforms.
- Ability and experience of using back office systems preferably Intelligent Office, FE Analytics and Critical Yield Software.
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients and attend client meeting when required.
- Provide a friendly and professional point of contact for client enquiries by phone, email and in person.
- Be able to respond to client technical enquiries.
- Ensure completeness of client files/ data gathering
- Liaise with the administrator to ensure accurate client records are maintained on the back-office system/ platforms and other software.
Preparation of Recommendations
- Identity and obtain information necessary to compile client recommendations.
- Identify with the adviser areas for planning.
- Carry out technical calculations.
- Carry out due diligence on products, investments, and providers.
- Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare information/ comparisons for analysis for the Financial Adviser.
- Produce clear, technically accurate, compliant, and concise Financial Plans and Suitability Reports as per the business process for HNW clients who often require multiple legacy product consolidation.
- Ensure that all recommendations and reports meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Implementation of Recommendations
- Ensure that action points are diarised, actioned, and completed as per the business process.
- Liaise with the administrator to process recommendations as per the business process and assist where needed.
Preparation of Client Reviews
- Prepare and coordinate review documentation, including financial plan and portfolio reviews as per the Annual Review Process.
- Review Investment Portfolios, asset allocations, risk profiles etc when needed.
- Carry out technical calculations.
- Have experience managing a back office and appropriate Paraplanning software (Experience using Intelligent Office would be a plus.
- Be a resourceful individual and a fast learner
- Strong time management, organisational and communication skills
- The candidate must have an excellent telephone manner, self-starter, expected to have a high level of independence and responsibility as well as being involved in a wide range of client-related work
- A positive and hardworking approach and a proven ability to deliver
- Full financial planning knowledge is essential, and qualifications is advantageous (further enhancement to any existing knowledge/qualifications will be supported)
- Coventry, West Midlands
Salary £26,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
31 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Generous Company Pension Scheme